Plastic Free Chesterfield is calling on both Chesterfield’s businesses and the public to join the movement to say YES to reusables and NO to single-use.
Join the #RefillRevolution.
If you’re a business:
- Provide a free water bottle refill point and allow customers to bring in their own reusable water bottle
- Allow customers to bring in their own reusable coffee cup
- Allow customers to bring in their own reusable containers for packaging food
City to Sea has produced free guidance for businesses in the Covid safe acceptance of water refills in reusable bottles, reusable coffee cup refills and food packaging refills. They’ve also a comprehensive road map for the food-to-go sector to move away from single-use packaging. This guidance is ‘essential’ if we are to avoid more scenes of our parks covered in single-use plastic.
- For takeaway hot drinks – follow the guidance on how to have #ContactlessCoffee
- For water refills – follow the guidance for how to refill water bottles safely
- For food containers – follow the guidance for how to refill containers safely
- Let us know if you’re doing this and we’ll give you free social media promotion
Over 115 health experts from 18 countries have signed a statement assuring retailers and consumers that reusables are safe during Covid-19. The health experts emphasise that disposable products are not inherently safer than reusables and that reusable systems can be utilised safely during the pandemic by employing basic hygiene.
If you’re an individual
Demonstrate your support for reusables by:
- Wearing a reusable facemask/face covering
- Taking your water bottle when on-the-go
- Taking your coffee cup when on-the-go
- Takingyour container when-on-the-go
- And downloading the free Refill HQ app
Take a photo of you using your reusables and use the hashtags #WorldRefillDay and #RefillRevolution