Plastic Free Chesterfield is a volunteer, community-led campaign working to reduce single-use plastics across Chesterfield borough.
We have launched a kids Summer poster competition to help raise awareness about plastic pollution in the summer. We’re asking children 5-11 to create a poster to discourage the use of single-use plastic at summer time and stop its harmful impact on our planet. Children’s art creations must be submitted to us by Sunday 4th July, with winners selected by our flagship employer, CCS Media.
We have some excellent plastic free prizes, with a branded reusable water bottle for winners and a branded reusable tote bag for runners up, courtesy of our Plastic Free Champion, Personalised by Wibbz. We also hope to be able to display the winners posters at our Plastic Free Festival on Saturday 31st July.
Terms and conditions
All budding young artists, aged 5-11, who want to raise awareness about single-use plastic pollution in the summer time and encourage people to take action, enter our competition; with a chance to win some amazing plastic-free prizes!
- Entries for the Plastic Free Chesterfield Summer Art Competition must be on the subject of discouraging the use of single-use plastics in the summer time. The closing date for entries is midnight on Sunday 4th July 2021.
- To enter, you must be aged between 5 and 11 years old, and attend a school within Chesterfield Borough. Entries should be submitted using this Google Form.
- Each entrant may submit only one design. Each design must be the original work of the entrant.
- When submitting your entry, you must provide your name, age and address, and the name and contact telephone number of your parent or guardian. We will only use this information in relation to the competition (including checking your eligibility to enter it) and will not use it for any other purposes whatsoever. We will not keep this information for longer than is necessary for the operation of the competition.
- Winning entries will be published by Plastic Free Chesterfield on our website in Mid July or as soon as possible thereafter.
- The judges will be staff at CCS Media – their decisions are final, and no correspondence will be entered into concerning this decision.
- You own the copyright to your competition entry as its author. By submitting an entry to the competition, you a. grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide licence to republish your Competition entry for purposes connected with the Competition, including media offered by partners; and b. The right to use your name and age for the sole purpose of identifying you as the author of your entry.
- Sending in an entry to the competition means that you accept these terms and conditions, which are the rules of the competition. You should check with your parent or guardian that they are happy for you to enter the competition based on these terms and conditions.
- We require the consent in writing (which may include e-mail) of the parent or guardian of the author of a winning entry to publish that winning entry. If we do not receive written consent (which may include e-mail) from the parent or guardian of the author of a winning entry then we may award the prize to another entry for which we are able to gain such consent.
- The prizes cannot be exchanged or transferred by you and cannot be redeemed by you for cash or any other prizes.
- Plastic Free Chesterfield accepts no liability for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the competition or accepting the prizes.
If you would like to get in touch with the organisers of the competition, please send contact us via the Contact page.
Good luck to all our entrants!