This autumn Plastic Free Chesterfield is taking part in The Generation Sea: Plastic Protest which involves six grassroots actions designed to challenge the manufacturers of unnecessary, single-use plastics, change public perception and demand stronger legislation from the government.
One of these actions is the #LessPlasticPlease survey.
Sick of seeing half cucumbers in shrink-wrap or coconuts wrapped in clingfilm? Take the Less Plastic Please Survey to demand supermarkets address pointless plastic items.
How it works
- Visit a supermarket for your food shop
- Count up the total number of unnecessary plastic packaging items you’ve purchased
- Count up the amount of external and internal plastic packaging the items have
- Categorise the items into:
- Fruit & Veg
- Tins & Jars
- Frozen & Fridge
- Dried Goods
- Store Promo (e.g. balloons, toy giveaways, bags for life)
- Take photos of the unnecessary plastic packaging items
- Record all of the above on the survey
You can also use the survey to address your top three plastic pet hates from the supermarket.