Plastic Free Chesterfield is starting 2021 by fundraising to support the fantastic work of Surfers Against Sewage (SAS), and by buying tickets to our raffle you can be in with a chance of winning some amazing prizes in return! (Scroll down for the prizes)
Surfers Against Sewage are the charity behind the national Plastic Free Communities campaign, of which we in Chesterfield are part of – there are over 700 other groups also signed up!
Surfers Against Sewage aim to change consumer behaviour and industry standards around single-use plastic. They are supporting hundreds of Plastic Free Community groups all over the country to campaign in their local area to take action on single-use plastics. Whilst nationally they are campaigning for solutions like a Deposit Return System, which would stop millions of pieces of plastic from entering the ocean eco-system in the first place.
Surfers Against Sewage have been at the forefront of tackling ocean plastic pollution for the last decade and are uniquely placed to inspire, equip and unite local communities in response to this plastic pollution overwhelming our oceans, creating a growing environmental movement to reverse and remove the threat.
Every donation allows Surfers Against Sewage to shout louder for the ocean. Every donation helps Surfers Against Sewage increase the pressure on the government and hold industry to account. Donations are one of the most radical ways to show your support and play an integral role in the vital work they do, and secure a thriving future for the ocean.
It’s time to add your voice to the roar of the Ocean.
Raffle tickets cost £1 and you can buy as many as you like.
- Locally handmade wooden birdhouse kindly donated by Hasland Pet Supplies
- Set of scrubbies, face cloth and shower puff kindly donated by SallycinnamonCo
- £10 online course voucher kindly donated by Pochat Training
- Two solid soap bars kindly donated by Elsie Moss Botanical
- £5 cheese voucher kindly donated by The Cheese Factor
- Voucher kindly donated by Pebble Moon Crafts
- Mini vegan cheesecake taster box kindly donated by Grandela Artisan Treats
- Hand and foot balm kindly donated by ME England
- 250ml strawberry fruit liqueur kindly donated by Hogg Norton
- Necklace kindly donated by Crafty Juju Designs
- ‘How to go Plastic Free’ book
- ‘How to go Waste Free’ book
- Wax melt set kindly donated by Harriet & Lola’s
- Reusable microwave hand warmer set kindly donated by Astra Designs UK
- TBC prize kindly donated by Personalised by Wibbz
- Succulent plant kindly donated by Rex’s Succulent Emporium
The raffle closes at 2pm on Sunday 31st January 2021